This is a 1 day class on proper IV starting and management.
• Identify a proper vein
• Assembly and identify of all equipment.
• Proper insertion of the IV catheter into the vein
• Inserting the tubing to the IV Catheter
• Types and uses of IV Fluids
• Calculation of IV drips, amount of fluid to be given and maximum amount of fluids to give
In this 8 hour course we will bring the knowledge of how determine if someone needs an IV, what type of fluid to give, rater and amount of fluid to give. The hazards of using IV’s and the legal ramifications of an IV.
Oh and how to put it in some one!